This as an activity for the Business Process Designer, doesn’t work without it.
For example, this solution can be used for substituting of company name (responsible persons etc) into the documents, which are formed from CRM.
After installation of the module, new activity of the Business Process Designer will appear on the tab «Documents processing» — «Document Generator XLSX».
Firstly you have to prepare a template — file with the .xlsx-extension, filled with the necessary data. Remember the addresses of the cells in which you want to put the data. Cell addresses are written in standard form for Excel Editor — A5, B17, С41 etc.
After preparing the template file, upload it to the portal and copy the path to it, you will need it to configure the activity parameters.
Next, add the activity to the business process chain and fill in the parameters.
1. Title — the title of this activity in the business process chain;
2. Where to download — select the path to download the generated file. How to specify the path:
3. Path to the document template — specify the path to the document template (necessarily with the xlsx-extension). For example: /upload/templatexls/temp.xlsx.
4. Path to the result file and name — file name with the extension .xlsx. How to specify the path (read the item 2.).
5. Add the rule — specify the cell addresses and the data for substitution. On the left — the cell addresses are indicated, on the right — the data (given directly, through a variable or other data from «Additional Results»).
File formatting is not saving when generation a document from a template (bold font, cell background color etc).
1. Download the solution on the Marketplace, specify the path to install.
2. In the administrative part of Bitrix, click Install Updates. In the next window, under the license agreement, tick two boxes and click Apply.
3. Then click Install.
4. After installation, the module doesn’t require any additional settings.